Monday, October 21, 2013

Sharepoint 2010 user AD Permissions not updating

Needed to add a new user “immediately” to have access to a site. No it was needed immediately, but lack of planning on someone’s part made it appear to be immediate. So I added to the AD group .

…. 15 minutes later I get a call that they still can’t access the site, so double checked that I put the user in the correct AD group. Well I did but when I went to permissions for the site and tested the user permission it didn’t show up.

So a quick search revealed that when using Claims based Authentication there is a default property setting called token-timeout and it is set for 1440 minutes (24 hours)

To View and change this do the following:

stsadm -o getproperty -propertyname token-timeout

This will get your default setting

stsadm -o setproperty -propertyname token-timeout -propertyvalue 15

I ran this on my app server

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa543158(office.14).aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment